Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Easy Confetti Yogurt Pops


See this stuff above? It's always in my kitchen. Every week we go through a couple of yogurt containers and lots and lots of fruit. I love fruit and since it's always around my kids have grown up eating it. So when I saw this recipe, I knew that it was something we had to try.


Miss Maddy and I got all the ingredients washed and ready. We might or might not have eaten close to half in no time flat. I finally had to cut us off by mixing in the yogurt...otherwise there would have been nothing Confetti about our pops.

Ingredients
  • 2  cups  low-fat vanilla yogurt
  • 1  cup  assorted berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, chopped strawberries)
  • 5    pretzel rods, halved, or 10 baked snack stick crackers
Directions 1. In a large bowl gently stir together the yogurt and fruit. Spoon into 4-ounce ice-pop molds or 3-ounce paper cups. Cover molds or cups with foil; use a sharp knife to cut a small hole in the foil and insert cut side of pretzel rod or snack stick. Freeze until firm. Remove foil and mold or cup before serving.
2. Store for up to a month. Makes 6 pops


Since we were making something healthy to snack on...I thought it would be a good idea to spend the time that it would take to freeze these bad boys at the park.




The kids loved the pops. They were a fast and healthy snack that I know will be popping up all summer long at my house.

Now it's your turn:

What are you favorite healthy snacking options?

What do you do to keep your kids active?


Photobucket

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea!! (Also, you're going to laugh, because my post tomorrow talks about how much I *don't* like fruit, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there have to be all kinds in the world...we love all kinds of fruits. In fact in just a few weeks I am excited to show my kids the joy of black berry picking.

    ReplyDelete

I'll trade ya a comment for a smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...